Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's been a while.

It's been a while since I just wrote. I've been so busy lately. I don't even know if it's good busy.

I've been training at Dutch Bros., going to be a night guy at 4 corners shop. I am excited to have a solid job like that again. My job at the church is way fun but it's a different kind of job that I think I have too many privileges that it's hard to really see it as a JOB. It's more of this thing that I already do, but now I'm getting paid for it. Can't complain I guess.

School starts next week for me. It's going to be fun... I think. I have classes with a bunch of friends so that will be fun however school in and of itself, not my most desirable means of spending my time at the moment. Altogether, it will be fine I believe.

A lot has been happening for me lately. I am taking ownership of becoming more independent. I am now on my own cell phone plan, taking full responsibility for payments and such. I just got my first credit card to start developing credit. Also, I'm starting to save... with intent. I was thinking the other day, just about things that I know God takes care of in the long run, but I think it's still wise to plan and anticipate certain things. So saving came up, and I was like but save for what? School, fun, maybe rent one day, my future wife... Just stuff that well I guess if I start saving now it will prevent stress in the future. Which is so nice.

Today was a good day, it seemed really long. Work at 8, until 12. Then to the church from 1-5. It's been like that a lot lately, so I'm just tired and worn down. I'm ready for a break, to sleep in and feel rested. But I think I'm going into a new season with different things to look forward to, different things to be accountable for, different relationship to be mended and in some cases, built. Welcome to 2009 right?

I just realized, well sort of realized that, some people when they write blogs they try and sound all proper, and some people write as though they were talking, or some find a medium. I don't know how I write... I think it changes dependent upon how much energy I have.

1 comment:

hannahrae said...

Saving up for a fisheye maybe...